Saturday, January 1, 2011

1/1/11

2 figures


Many moons ago the concept of being alive in 2011 was an abstract one. I had hoped to celebrate the new year by finishing everything I was working on but I have fallen short. The larger paintings just needed more layers of paint than I could do in the time constraints.

However, I did finish 8 small paintings, miniatures to me. They are 8 x 8 or 8 x 9 inches. The square ones are 8 x 8 and the ones that aren't square are 8 x 9. Ha! 4 figures and 4 portraits in what I hope is a traditional style. 7 of them are oil on masonite panels, 1 is on stretched canvas. I've mounted them on a slightly larger piece of masonite painted black so that when framed the rabbit won't cover the edge of the painting and give a black reveal around the picture. This isn't an original way.

I went to the trouble of setting the white balance on the camera but should have left it on auto. I just couldn't do it all over. whine!

So I have 20 or so blank formats of all size plus the 3 leftovers to start the year. we'll see how that goes.

So here they are with a progress foto at the end.

Happy New Year.

conroy




coastal figure


figure


Janet


Kimberly


Lydia drinking


Lydia eating


Puff # ?



The end








No comments:

Post a Comment