Saturday, August 13, 2011

I add my share of BS


Actually there's a whole painting under this one that just didn't pan out. There's nothing of it showing but some textured paint build up.


Vestal Virgins Floating Away 44 x 44 Oil



There's often a lot said about art being about causes, political, social, whatever. Much of this turns out bad or in the end has nothing relative to the "cause". Case in point the current exhibit at Space 301. It's supposed to relate to hurricane Katrina and the Flooding of New Orleans. There are a few good pieces in the show. Enough said. Just make art for the sake of making art. Off the soap box.
I'm not one for a lot of theory in doing art. Whether the figure comes through in the things I'm doing now really isn't important. One thing I want to try out is the idea of selective focus (remember Rembrandt and the other old guys) but in the abstract. Maybe it'll mean something, maybe not.

For the record the windmill references weren't really about global warming but I do believe AlGore is a fat fraud.








No comments:

Post a Comment